Sunday, October 24, 2010

GO PHILLIES!!

It was fun while it lasted. I just came in from taking down the big, new Phillies flag that I bought and hung outside the house for the big 6th game last night of the National League Championship Series.

Yes, the Fightin’ Phils lost last night. But, as a life-long Philadelphian, I’m very used to the highs, and especially lows, of the Philadelphia sports teams. Although, in all fairness, the Phillies did take us all the way in 2008, and, come to think of it, 1993 was a pretty good ride, too. I still have my pair of framed Phillies World Series tickets. Section 750, Row 21, Seats 22 and 23 in the old Veterans Stadium. I went with my son, and I remember that we were about as high up as we could get in the stands. Like this year, they didn’t make it all the way then, but they played pretty well, and as always, we had a great time watching them.

Now, however, as the Phillies clean out their lockers, for us sports fans it is back to football season and the Eagles, which I’m sure will be another interesting ride. I’m just wondering if I should go out now and buy an Eagles flag to hang, or maybe I should buy the flags of their various opponents, and hang them on game days to jinx them!

No comments:

Post a Comment